The Section provides its membership a monthly e-newsletter, The Solo Advisor, featuring important updates and information, as well as a quarterly printed magazine, The Practitioner, which provides substantive and procedural articles and self-study MCLE opportunities.
We’re looking for Section members to spotlight in our publications and social media. Learn more here.
About The Practitioner
Subscription to The Practitioner is a benefit of membership in the Section. To start receiving the journal, simply join the section. You can find online articles from 2016-present here. For articles older than 2016, please contact the section.
- Spring 2021, Volume 27, Issue 2
- Winter 2021, Volume 27, Issue 1
- Fall 2020, Volume 26, Issue 4
- Summer 2020, Volume 26, Issue 3
- Winter 2020, Volume 26, Issue 2
- MCLE Article: What to Do If an Attorney Becomes Incapacitated or Dies?
- MCLE Article: The Four “W”s of Workplace Investigations: When, Who, What to Expect and What is Adequate
- MCLE Article: You Should Try to Change What You Should Be Able to See
- MCLE Article: Legal Entities and Real Property: Limiting Reassessment
- MCLE Article: Ethics and Social Media: A Critical Juncture
- MCLE Article: Judgment Liens: The First and Last Step
- MCLE Article: Building a Successful Relationship through an Effective Sponsorship Agreement
- MCLE Article: A Law Firm’s Legal Duty to Provide Reasonable Accommodation to Attorneys with Disabilities
- MCLE Article: New California Employment-Related Rules, Again!
- MCLE Article: The California End of Life Option Act (ABX2-15)
- MCLE Article: Selected Issues in Bankruptcy Litigation
- MCLE Article: What To Do When The State Bar Calls
- MCLE Article: Can I drive home after happy hour? How does alcohol absorb into your body?
- MCLE Article: Recognizing and Addressing Implicit Gender Bias in the Arena of the Solo & Small Firm
- Fall 2015, Vol. 21, Issue 3
- Summer 2015, Vol. 21, Issue 2
- Spring 2015, Vol. 21 Issue 1
- Winter 2014, Vol. 20, Issue 4
- Summer 2014, Vol. 20, Issue 3
- Spring 2014, Vol. 20, Issue 2
- Winter 2014, Vol. 20, Issue 1
For older publications, please email the web staff to receive a copy of your request.