Bar Relations is an important function for CLA. Whether we are facilitating connection between bars, partnering with bars, or providing resources, information and support to bars, our goal is to help bar leaders and the organized bar succeed. With over 300 local, specialty, diversity, affinity and identify bars in California, there are numerous opportunities for connection and communication.
CLA support Includes:
- Monthly Calls: The California Lawyers Association hosts a monthly call for bar leaders to connect, learn and share successes. This call takes place the 4th Thursday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and bar presidents, their designees and senior staff leadership of bars are welcome to attend. All bar leader are invited to add topics to the agenda and notes from the calls are shared for those who are not able to attend;
- Quarterly Lunchtime Webinars: These quarterly webinars will delve into topics to help bar leaders, especially those bars with no staff or a small staff.
- Q1 2020 webinar will be held on February 25th at noon and cover social media marketing for bar associations. Click here to RSVP for this free webinar: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/luncthtime-webinar-social-media-for-bar-associations-tickets-92991196171
- California Bar Leadership Conference: This day long training for bar leaders brings nationally recognized speakers to our own backyard. Topics include association best practices, volunteer management, member engagement, governance, communication, finance, strategic planning and trends in bars. For more information and to review materials from the October 2019 conference in Monterey, please click here.
- Shared Bar Special Events Calendar: This crowd sourced calendar will allow bars to post significant and signature events in order to avoid double booking. To submit a signature event, installation, gala or conference, click here.
- Directory: CLA maintains a directory of all bar associations and other law related organizations in California with a link to their website. Click here for more information. To have a bar association added to this directory, please email email@example.com
- Technical Assistance: Our team has experience with national, state and local bars and is connected with best practices nationally. We are also available to provide one on one technical assistance and also assist with strategic and long range planning.
For more information or to discuss issues impacting your bar, please reach out to Ellen Miller, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives at 916-516-1703 or Ellen.Miller@calawyers.org
Several bar associations have State Bar certified Lawyer Referral Services to assist the public finding attorneys. To locate a LRS in your county, go to: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Need-Legal-Help/Lawyer-Referral-Service