Solo and Small Firm
The Practitioner Fall 2020, Volume 26, Issue 4
- Executive Committee of the Solo and Small Firm Law Section 2020-2021
- How Commercial Tenants Can Save Their Lease Post Covid-19
- Law Firm Growth During an Uncertain Legal Climate, Part II: How to Ethically Use Freelance Lawyers & Referral Fees
- Letter From the Editor-in-Chief
- MCLE Article: Law Firm Growth Mandatory Fee Arbitration: the Overlooked Solution to Legal Fee Disputes
- Policy Limit Demands and Confidentiality in Mediation: View Behind the Curtain
- Political Speech and Work: You Plastered Your Opinion on Social Media. Can You Be Fired?
- Table of Contents
- Letter From the Chair
Letter From the Chair
By Sabrina L. Green
Sabrina L. Green is a managing partner of Stratton & Green, ALC and focuses on labor & employment, complex business litigation. Besides being the Chair of the California Lawyers Association Solo and Small Firm executive committee, member of the CLA Board of Representatives, she is the Attorney Coordinator for the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Employee Rights Public Clinic, member of the executive committee for the Thomas Jefferson Alumni Board of Directors, Vice President of Executive Women’s Council and a member of the Board of Directors of the Hong Kong Business Association of Southern California, San Diego. Sabrina can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is finally fall. It feels like we have been sequestered forever at this point, but somehow crisp air and the sun going down early makes me feel as though time and we are moving on.
Despite the ongoing and seemingly epic pandemic, we at the SSF Section have been staying very active. The CLA Solo Small Firm Summit was held on October 7-8th and the content and attendance by far exceeded our wildest hopes. Despite being virtual, our section held our annual awards as a conclusion to the event. This year the SSF Section was proud to present two absolutely remarkable SSF members, Nina Marino of Kaplan Marino as this year’s recipient for the award of Excellence in Practice and Michele Philo of Philo Law Firm as the recipient of our Excellence in Service award. Their devotion and service to the practice of law and their communities is truly inspiring.