Solo and Small Firm
The Practitioner Fall 2020, Volume 26, Issue 4
- Executive Committee of the Solo and Small Firm Law Section 2020-2021
- How Commercial Tenants Can Save Their Lease Post Covid-19
- Law Firm Growth During an Uncertain Legal Climate, Part II: How to Ethically Use Freelance Lawyers & Referral Fees
- Letter From the Chair
- MCLE Article: Law Firm Growth Mandatory Fee Arbitration: the Overlooked Solution to Legal Fee Disputes
- Policy Limit Demands and Confidentiality in Mediation: View Behind the Curtain
- Political Speech and Work: You Plastered Your Opinion on Social Media. Can You Be Fired?
- Table of Contents
- Letter From the Editor-in-Chief
Letter From the Editor-in-Chief
By Joshua Bonnici
Joshua Bonnici is the managing attorney for Bonnici Law Group, APC, located in downtown San Diego, where he focuses primarily on personal injury cases and appealing state and federal disability denials. His accomplishments include winning SD Metro’s "40 Under 40" award, San Diego’s Best Litigation Firm by the San Diego UT, and was recently selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers. You can learn more about Josh and his practice at www.bonnicilawgroup.com.
As 2020 comes to a close, we’re looking back on a lot of ups and downs in the world. COVID-19 has dominated our lives, and has changed the way we look at business and money. Protests over police brutality and race relations sparked nationwide, inciting rage and compassion across all communication platforms. One of the most polarizing presidential elections is both bringing the nation together and tearing it apart. But we’ve also seen how many of us can come together to help small businesses survive and homeschool young children, amongst other ways our communities have come together.
This issue brings articles covering issues we’re all facing. Whether that is trying to forecast what the commercial leasing future looks like for small business during the pandemic, or if an employer can take action against an employee during this heated political climate. Make sure to read these diverse articles from great resources from all over our great state of California.