Solo and Small Firm
The Practitioner Fall 2017, Volume 23, Issue 4
- Coach's Corner: Reach for the Stars: Getting to the Next Level in Your Career and Life
- Congratulations to the 2017 Attorney of the Year L. Tracee Lorens
- Employee Benefits for Small Employers: Your Questions Answered
- Executive Committee of the Solo and Small Firm Law Section 2016-2017
- Letter From the Outgoing Chair
- MCLE Article: a Law Firm's Legal Duty to Provide Reasonable Accommodation to Attorneys with Disabilities
- MCLE Article: Building a Successful Relationship through an Effective Sponsorship Agreement
- Meet the New Editor: Omar Sebastian Anorga
- Meet the New Executive Committee
- Table of Contents
- the Practitioner For Solo & Small Firms
- Letter From the Editor
Letter From the Editor
By Jeremy M. Evans
Jeremy M. Evans is the Managing Attorney at California Sports Lawyer®, representing sports, entertainment, and business professionals in their contract, negotiation, and intellectual prop-erty matters. Evans is an Outreach Captain for the Sports Lawyers Association and is an award-winning attorney and community leader based in Los Angeles. He can be reached at Jeremy@CSLlegal.com or via his website: www.CSLlegal.com.
This is my fourth and final issue as Editor-in-Chief. Newly appointed Executive Committee member Omar Anorga is the incoming Editor-in-Chief beginning with Issue 1 in 2018. For this issue (Fall 2017, Issue 4), it is likely that you are now enjoying or have just enjoyed Thanksgiving with loved ones.
Since being appointed in the summer of 2016 and taking on the first issue in the fall of 2016, we have changed the name of the publication from Big News for Solo and Small Firms to the PRACTITIONER. We have increased the number of issues per year from three to four. Moreover, the Solo and Small Firm Section experienced a terrific year providing more MCLEs than in years past, while guiding members through an uncertain period as the State Bar of California and the Sections work out the next chapter as two separate entities.