Solo and Small Firm
The Practitioner Spring 2017, Volume 23, Issue 2
- Coach's Corner: Target Markets: If You Are Practicing Without One, You Are lost in the Sahara Without a Gps!
- Executive Committee of the Solo and Small Firm Law Section 2016-2017
- Fake News, Fake Accounts, and Other Scams
- Letter From the Chair
- Letter From the Editor
- Making Mass Torts Cases a Valuable Addition to Your Solo or Small Firm
- MCLE Article: New California Employment-Related Rules, Again!
- Table of Contents
- Ten Things an In-House Counsel Looks for in Selecting and Working with Outside Counsel
- the Practitioner For Solo & Small Firms
- Tips on Handling a Bicycle Accident Case ̶ From a Bike Lawyer
- You Need to Be in the Know: Probate, Intestacy, Wills, and Trusts
- Interview with Kelly Lake, Executive Director of Continuing Education of the Bar (Ceb)
Interview with Kelly Lake, Executive Director of Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB)
By Glenn E. Von Tersch, Esq.*
Kelly Lake is the Executive Director of CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar), which is the leading source for legal education and legal research solutions for California lawyers. She is a strategic business leader with extensive experience in the publishing and information sector. Prior to joining CEB, Ms. Lake held key positions with Thomson Reuters in the United Kingdom (UK) and Asia, working to deliver a variety of legal workflow solutions and practice tools. Ms. Lake also has a decade of experience building local instances of the flagship Westlaw brand in the UK, China, and India. Ms. Lake can be reached at Kelly.Lake@ceb.ucla.edu.
In an effort to reach our Solo and Small Firm Section members, the PRACTITIONER sat down with Executive Director Kelly Lake to talk about Continuing Education of the Bar, or CEB, as many members know it. The interview that follows has been edited for length and clarity.
Q. HOW DOES CEB RELATE TO SOLO AND SMALL FIRM PRACTITIONERS?