Solo and Small Firm
The Practitioner Spring 2017, Volume 23, Issue 2
- Coach's Corner: Target Markets: If You Are Practicing Without One, You Are lost in the Sahara Without a Gps!
- Executive Committee of the Solo and Small Firm Law Section 2016-2017
- Fake News, Fake Accounts, and Other Scams
- Interview with Kelly Lake, Executive Director of Continuing Education of the Bar (Ceb)
- Letter From the Editor
- Making Mass Torts Cases a Valuable Addition to Your Solo or Small Firm
- MCLE Article: New California Employment-Related Rules, Again!
- Table of Contents
- Ten Things an In-House Counsel Looks for in Selecting and Working with Outside Counsel
- the Practitioner For Solo & Small Firms
- Tips on Handling a Bicycle Accident Case ̶ From a Bike Lawyer
- You Need to Be in the Know: Probate, Intestacy, Wills, and Trusts
- Letter From the Chair
Letter From the Chair
By Megan Zavieh
Megan Zavieh focuses her practice on attorney ethics, representing attorneys facing state bar disciplinary action and providing guidance to practicing attorneys on questions of legal ethics. She has been representing attorneys facing disciplinary action before the California State Bar since 2009 and is admitted to practice in California, Georgia, New York and New Jersey, as well as in Federal District Court and the U.S. Supreme Court. She blogs at CaliforniaStateBarDefense.com and is a contributor at Lawyerist.com and AttorneyatWork.com.
In our last issue, we promised that our members would see a busy year of programming and member benefits and the Section has delivered. We would love to hear feedback from members to find out if you agree and if we can be doing something more that would be a great benefit to you. My inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone line (510) 936-1534 are open to talk!
Speaking of programming, do not miss the wealth of webinars offered by the Section. Just visit the MCLE calendar on the Bar website or keep an eye on your email for Solo and Small Firm Section programs. If you would like to be on the other side of a webinar and present, just let us know! We are always looking for new presentations on topics of interest to solos and small firms attorneys.