The Litigation Section seeks nominations for its 2020 Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame Award. This award is bestowed upon attorneys who have excelled as trial lawyers and whose careers exemplify the highest of values and professional attainment.
To read about past Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame award recipients, click here.
2020 Nomination Deadline: May 15, 2020
Please click the drop down menus below to view the different criteria.
Please email all nomination materials with “TLHOF 2020” in the subject line to Litigation@CAlawyers.org by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2020.
Any dues-paid member of the Litigation Section may nominate a member of the State Bar of California (either currently active or, if retired, previously active). Self-nominations are not accepted.
To submit a nomination, provide the following necessary materials:
- A completed nomination form
summary of your nominee’s lifetime achievements as a trial lawyer that you
think makes your nominee worthy of being inducted into the Trial Lawyer Hall of
Fame, including, but not limited to the following criteria:
- contributions made by your nominee to the law, the legal profession, the State Bar, the Litigation Section, trial practice, and/or the general public
- notable cases, verdicts, and/or judgments, including matters of precedential importance (with citations and case numbers, if known)
- law-related public interest and non-law-related public interest work
- other honors or awards the nominee has received
- contributions the nominee has made to diversity of the legal profession and/or areas of practice
- A law firm biography (or other available biography) about your nominee
- Optional three letters of recommendation in support of your nominee, with each letter not exceeding three pages.