Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame Nominations Due June 10, 2019
The Litigation Section seeks nominations for its 2019 Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame Award. This award is bestowed upon attorneys who have excelled as trial lawyers and whose careers exemplify the highest of values and professional attainment. To read about past Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame award recipients, click here.
By 11 PM on Monday, June 10, 2018, please email all nomination materials with “TLHOF 2019” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Any dues-paid member of the Litigation Section may nominate a member of the State Bar of California (either currently active or, if retired, previously active). Self-nominations are not accepted.
To submit a nomination, provide a letter, not exceeding three pages, which includes the following information:
- Your name, bar number, address, email, and daytime telephone number.
- Your nominee’s name, bar number, address, email, and daytime telephone number.
- A summary of your nominee’s lifetime achievements as a trial lawyer that you think make your nominee worthy of being inducted into the Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame, including, but not limited, to the following criteria:
- contributions made by your nominee to the law, the legal profession, the State Bar, the Litigation Section, trial practice, and/or the general public
- notable cases, verdicts, and/or judgments, including matters of precedential importance (with citations and case numbers, if known)
- law-related public interest and non-law-related public interest work
- other honors or awards the nominee has received
- contributions the nominee has made to diversity of the legal profession and/or areas of practice
- A law firm biography (or other available biography) about your nominee
In addition to the foregoing, you may submit up to three letters of recommendation in support of your nominee, with each letter not exceeding three pages.