The Litigation Section seeks nominations for the Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame Award. This award is bestowed upon attorneys who have excelled as appellate lawyers and who careers exemplify the highest of values and professional attainment.
- Read about the Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame recipient, Jon Eisenberg.
- Read about all past Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame recipients.
2020 Nomination Deadline: May 15, 2020
Please click the drop down menus below to view the different criteria.
Please email all nomination materials with “ALHOF 2020” in the subject line to Litigation@CAlawyers.org by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2020.
Any dues-paid member of the California Lawyers Association may nominate a member of the State Bar of California (either currently active or, if retired, previously active). Self-nominations are not accepted.
To submit a nomination, provide the following necessary materials:
- A completed nomination form
summary of your nominee’s lifetime achievements as an appellate lawyer that you
think make your nominee worthy of being inducted into the Appellate Lawyer Hall
of Fame, including, but not limited, to the following criteria:
- contributions to the development of the law and/or appellate practice and/or the appellate courts
- notable cases, including matters of precedential importance (with citations and case numbers, if known)
- dedication to appellate law-related public interest (pro bono) cases, causes, or organizations
- commitment to diversity in the practice of appellate law or the appellate bench and to improving the appellate court system through education, mentoring, and involvement in bar association or related activities
- A law firm biography (or other available biography) about your nominee
- Optional three letters of recommendation in support of your nominee, with each letter not exceeding three pages.