The Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame Award is bestowed upon attorneys who have excelled as appellate lawyers and whose careers exemplify the highest of values and professional attainment. To read about the 2019 Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame recipient Jon Eisenberg, click here. To read about the past Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame award recipient, click here.
By 11 PM on Monday, June 10, 2019, please email all nomination materials with “ALHOF 2019” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Any dues-paid member of the California Lawyers Association may nominate a member of the State Bar of California (either currently active or, if retired, previously active). Self-nominations are not accepted.
To submit a nomination, provide a letter, not exceeding three pages, which includes the following information:
- Your name, bar number, address, email, and daytime telephone number.
- Your nominee’s name, bar number, address, email, and daytime telephone number.
- A summary of your nominee’s lifetime achievements as an appellate lawyer that you think make your nominee worthy of being inducted into the Appellate Lawyer Hall of Fame, including, but not limited, to the following criteria:
- contributions to the development of the law and/or appellate practice and/or the appellate courts
- notable cases, including matters of precedential importance (with citations and case numbers, if known)
- dedication to appellate law-related public interest (pro bono) cases, causes, or organizations
- commitment to diversity in the practice of appellate law or the appellate bench and to improving the appellate court system through education, mentoring, and involvement in bar association or related activities
- A law firm biography (or other available biography) about your nominee
In addition to the foregoing, you may submit up to three letters of recommendation in support of your nominee, with each letter not exceeding three pages.