Welcome to the Litigation Section of the California Lawyers Association. We are dedicated to promoting excellence in all areas affecting dispute resolution, including the protection of the rights of all litigants, pre-trial discovery, the expeditious trial of lawsuits, alternative dispute resolution, effective judicial administration, uniform rules of court, and the protection and preservation of the independence of a judiciary of high quality.
Mastering Remote Advocacy – Managing Challenges and Embracing Opportunities
In the wake of the COVID-19 we find ourselves embracing remote advocacy and the inherent unique challenges presented in connection with this new world. One major change is that many of our hearings will now be remote video hearings in courtrooms. A well-prepared attorney who is familiar with the mechanics and ground rules of navigating this new remote working environment will be armed with the tools they need to make their remote hearings highly effective.
For more information, including how to get involve, click here.
- Access to Justice and Civic Engagement Committee
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Appellate Courts Committee
- California Litigation Editorial Board
- California Litigation Review Editorial Board
- Coaching For The New Practitioner
- Committee on the Administration of Justice
- Core Skills Programming Committee
- Dress for Success Drive
- Federal Courts Committee
- Insurance Staff Counsel Committee
- Jury Instructions Committee
California Lawyers Association
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95814
The Litigation Section is a State Bar of California-approved MCLE provider.