ENVIRONMENTAL LAW SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA LAWYERS ASSOCIATION AWARD FOR LIFETIME CONTRIBUTION TO THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
This invitation seeks nominations for the annual award given to a person who, during their lifetime, has made significant contributions to the field of environmental law.
The following factors may be considered by the Executive Committee in its selection of the recipient of the Award for Lifetime Contribution to the Field of Environmental Law:
- Contributed to the field of environmental law over a sustained period
- Achieved excellence in the practice of environmental law
- Demonstrated commitment to the practice of environmental law
- Provided legal services with high ethics and collegiality
- Exhibited a commitment to work on a range of environmental issues irrespective of the level of public attention and media focus on such issues
- Implemented a new and/or creative approach to an environmental law issue
- Provided quality professional services
- Improved the lives of others
A nominee must have at least five years of experience as a California environmental lawyer.
To nominate an individual for this award, please submit the following:
- Nomination Form (see form below)
- Nominator’s Statement of Nomination
- Nominee’s Resume or Biography (indicating the nominee’s principal areas of practice, the number of years of practice, professional achievements, and other features of the nominee’s career, such as community involvement and bar association activities)
- Any Letter(s) of Support. Note: Letter(s) of support are optional, but recommended. More than one person may sign onto a Letter of Support.