Our members value concise, timely and relevant updates on California law. Our Standing Committees use e-mail bulletins to alert members to developments in the law. The Section also publishes a monthly electronic E-News, with information on upcoming programs, tips on developments and other matters useful to its members. See more about:
|Business Law News >>||Editorial Board >>|
|Annual Review >>||Business Law eNews >>|
|Agricultural Law Sourcebook >>||Cyberspace Law and Policy >>|
|Incorporating a Business >>||Opinions Resources >>|
|Hidden Liens Report >>|
To learn more about accessing our publications, please contact the Section Manager.
Each Quarter, the Section provides its hard-copy magazine, the Business Law News with articles of interest on legal developments, best practices and valuable tools for practitioners.
The Section also publishes an Annual Review of Recent Developments and Legislation on updates in business law.
For information about how you can become involved in the Board or submit articles, see the Editorial Board for Business Law News and the Annual Review.
Additionally, the Section sponsors specifically focused publications on varied topics. For these publications, please contact Section Manager.
- Commercial Transactions (formerly UCC) Committee’s Hidden Liens Report (December 2010)
- Lawyers Guide to Drafting ADR Clauses
- Handbook for Incorporating a Business in California (2006)
- Cyberspace Law and Policy: A Primer for State Policymakers (2010)
The Section’s Opinions Committee is influential in the nationwide dialogue on opinion practice and has produced a number of authoritative works on California opinion practice:
- Franchise Opinions from the State of California Department of Corporations
- Commercial Transactions (formerly UCC) Committee’s Opinions Report: Legal Opinions in Personal Property Secured Transactions (June 2005)
- Report on Third-Party Remedies Opinions (2007 Revision)
- Selected Legal Opinion Issues in Venture Capital Financing Transactions (2009)
- Sample California Third-Party Legal Opinion for Business Transactions (2010)
- The Section’s Corporations Committee has published the 2005 Opinions Report: Legal Opinions in Business Transactions (October 2007 Printing as revised)
- Sample California Third-Party Legal Opinion for Venture Capital Financing Transactions (2014)
- Third-Party Closing Opinions: California Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships (2016)
Many of these publications are available as CD-ROMs, and web-based archival files are available to enable easy form use and electronic research capability.
Standing Committees Updates
The BLS Standing Committees issue regular updates to anyone interested. To see their updates, click on the following links:
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Transactions (formerly UCC)
- Consumer Financial Services
- Editorial Board
- Financial Institutions
- Franchise Law
- Health Law
- Insolvency Law
- Insurance Law
- Internet and Privacy Law (formerly Cyberspace Law)
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
For more information on the standing committees, click here.