The Section furthers knowledge of its members about antitrust, unfair competition, trade regulation and privacy issues under state and federal laws through its seminars, publications and other activities.
Through its programs, the Section provides cutting-edge perspectives on developments in California and federal antitrust law as well as insights into intellectual property, franchise and enforcement issues which affect the California antitrust practitioner.
The section covers litigation, including individual actions by competitors and class actions by direct/indirect purchasers; antitrust counseling; private and government (federal, state and local) enforcement of actions as well as government criminal procedures. (The Section was formerly called the Antitrust & Unfair Competition Law Section.)
The Section publishes:
- The California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Treatise, covering everything from horizontal combinations and vertical restraints to public enforcement of California antitrust laws and trial considerations.
- Competition Magazine (Periodic Law Journal)
- Antitrust E-Brief, an e-mail publication sent periodically to members of the Section
MCLE programs and Major Events
Each year in the autumn, the Section presents the Golden State Institute and Annual Antitrust Lawyer of the Year Award Dinner. For other upcoming events, see our Education page and the Calendar of Upcoming Events.
- Executive Committee: The Section is governed by its Executive Committee, which oversees the Section’s activities
- Standing Committees: Section members are invited to participate in the Section’s standing committees, which develop publications and programs in areas of interest to the Section’s membership as well as non-members.
- Antiturest & UCL Education Committee
- Antitrust & UCL Publications Committee
- Antiture & UCL Treatise Committee
- Privacy Education Committee
- Privacy Publications Committee
- Privacy Treatise Committee
Join us! Annual dues are $95.