The Section furthers knowledge of its members about antitrust, unfair competition, trade regulation and privacy issues under state and federal laws through its seminars, publications and other activities.
Through its programs, the Section provides cutting-edge perspectives on developments in California and federal antitrust law as well as insights into intellectual property, franchise and enforcement issues which affect the California antitrust practitioner.
The section covers litigation, including individual actions by competitors and class actions by direct/indirect purchasers; antitrust counseling; private and government (federal, state and local) enforcement of actions as well as government criminal procedures.
Our mission: to engage, inform, and inspire generations of lawyers to further the practice of antitrust, competition, and privacy law in California.
The Section promotes and fosters a network of lawyers interested in antitrust, unfair competition law (UCL), and privacy. Through its substantive treatises, journals, e-publications, CLE programs, and live events and webinars, the Section provides cutting-edge perspectives on legal developments in California and federal antitrust, UCL, and privacy laws, as well as insights into regulatory and enforcement issues, that affect California consumers, businesses, and practitioners.
The Section is dedicated to achieving a unique balance of plaintiff, defendant, government and in-house perspectives. Through its committees, mentoring programs, and diversity and inclusion initiatives, the Section engages a wide range of perspectives and views, and seeks to develop, support, and highlight diverse thought-leaders in the antitrust, UCL, and privacy fields.
The Section honors leaders in antitrust and unfair competition law with its annual “Antitrust Lawyer of the Year ” dinner and award ceremony held in San Francisco each year following the Section’s preeminent day-long Golden State Institute. Leaders in privacy will be recognized with a “Privacy Attorney of the Year” award in conjunction with a soon-to-be scheduled California Privacy Forum.
Click here for a list of upcoming Section programs and events.
Click here for a list of Section publications
Click here for a list of Section award winners and honorees.
Click here for a list of Committee members.
The Section publishes:
- The California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Treatise, covering everything from horizontal combinations and vertical restraints to public enforcement of California antitrust laws and trial considerations.
- Competition Magazine (Periodic Law Journal)
- Antitrust E-Brief, an e-mail publication sent periodically to members of the Section
MCLE programs and Major Events
Each year in the autumn, the Section presents the Golden State Institute and Annual Antitrust Lawyer of the Year Award Dinner. For other upcoming events, see our Education page and the Calendar of Upcoming Events.
- Executive Committee: The Section is governed by its Executive Committee, which oversees the Section’s activities
- Standing Committees: Section members are invited to participate in the Section’s standing committees, which develop publications and programs in areas of interest to the Section’s membership as well as non-members.
- Antitrust & UCL Education Committee
- Antitrust & UCL Publications Committee
- Antitrust & UCL Treatise Committee
Join us! Annual dues are $99.
Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section
California Lawyers Association
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95814