The Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section furthers knowledge of its members about antitrust, unfair competition, and trade regulation issues under California and federal laws.
Our mission: to engage, inform, and inspire generations of lawyers to further the practice of antitrust and competition law in California.
The Section promotes and fosters a network of lawyers interested in antitrust, unfair competition, and trade regulation law. Through its substantive treatise, journal, e-publication, CLE programs, and live events and webinars, the Section provides cutting-edge perspectives on legal developments in California and federal antitrust and UCL laws, as well as insights into regulatory and enforcement issues, that affect California consumers, businesses, and practitioners.
The Section is dedicated to achieving a unique balance of plaintiff, defendant, government, and in-house perspectives. Through its committees, mentoring programs, and diversity and inclusion initiatives, the Section engages a wide range of perspectives and views, and seeks to develop, support, and highlight diverse thought leaders in the antitrust and UCL fields.
The Section honors leaders in antitrust and unfair competition law with its annual “Antitrust Lawyer of the Year ” dinner and award ceremony held in San Francisco following the Section’s preeminent day-long annual Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute.
Click here for our Executive Committee.
Click here for our Standing Committees.
Click here for our online CLE opportunities.
Click here for our upcoming CLE programs and other Events.
Click here for our Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute.
Click here for our Diversity Initiative and Fellowship.
Click here for our Mentorship Program.
Benefits of Membership
Members of the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section gain access to the largest network of attorneys practicing antitrust, unfair competition, and trade regulation law in California.
Section members have career-advancing opportunities to:
- Expand your professional network with leading antitrust and UCL practitioners in California
- Gain expertise by contributing to one of the Section’s four standing committees: Education Committee, Publications Committee, Treatise Committee, and Diversity Committee
- Strengthen the antitrust and UCL community by participating in the Section’s mentorship program as either a mentor or a mentee
Section members receive subscriptions to the Section’s publications and newsfeed:
- Competition (the Section’s scholarly law journal)
- Antitrust and UCL E-Briefs, News and Notes (the Section’s electronic newsletter)
- Antitrust and UCL Section Newsstand (via Lexology)
Section members also receive discounts on the Section’s popular products and programs:
- Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute (the Section’s annual day-long CLE event)
- Antitrust Lawyer of the Year Award (the Section’s annual reception, ceremony, and dinner)
- Live webinars, events, and educational programs
- Online CLE catalogue
- Executive Committee: The Section is governed by its Executive Committee, which oversees the Section’s activities.
- Standing Committees: Section members are invited to participate in the Section’s standing committees, which develop publications and programs in areas of interest to the Section’s members.
- Antitrust & UCL Diversity Committee
- Antitrust & UCL Education Committee
- Antitrust & UCL Publications Committee
- Antitrust & UCL Treatise Committee
The Section issues three valuable publications for antitrust and UCL practitioners:
- The California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Treatise, a must-have reference guide that comprehensively documents and describes California antitrust, unfair competition, and trade regulation laws.
- Competition, a periodic law journal containing scholarly and practice-oriented articles.
- Antitrust and UCL E-briefs, News and Notes, a monthly electronic publication of practice-oriented case briefs, updates on notable recent developments, and thought pieces on current trends.
EDUCATION AND PROGRAMS
Throughout the year, the Section organizes and presents in-person and webinar programs related to antitrust, unfair competition, and trade regulation law and current events. Most of the programs provide CLE credit. For upcoming programs, visit our Events page.
The Section also maintains a library of past programs available for self-study and CLE credit. Access our library through our Education page.
Each autumn, the Section presents the annual Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute, which is followed by our Antitrust Lawyer of the Year Award Dinner. Please visit our Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute page.
Each spring, the Section organizes an in-person panel and cocktail hour Celebrating Women in Competition Law. This program focuses on career development for women practicing in antitrust and unfair competition law.
JOIN THE SECTION
Join us! CLA membership is $150 per year (free for law students and judges). Membership gives you subscriptions to Competition and the Antitrust and UCL E-briefs, News and Notes, as well as member discounts for our education programs and events.
Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section
California Lawyers Association
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95814