Intellectual Property Law
New Matter WINTER 2014, Volume 39, Number 4
- 2015 New Matter Author Submission Guidelines
- Case Comments
- Copyright Interest Group
- Federal Circuit Review
- Intellectual Property Section Executive Committee 2014-2015
- Intellectual Property Section Interest Group Representatives 2014-2015
- International Ip Developments
- Legislation Update
- Letter from the Chair
- Letter from the Editor-in-Chief
- Licensing Interest Group
- MCLE Self-Study Article
- Ninth Circuit Report
- Patent Interest Group
- Report of the Delegation of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of California to Washington, D.C.
- Technology, Internet, and Privacy Interest Group
- The Licensing Corner
- The Practice Note
- The State Bar of California Intellectual Property Alumni
- Trade Secrets Interest Group
- Trademark Interest Group
- Entertainment and Sports Law Interest Group
ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS LAW INTEREST GROUP
The Entertainment and Sports Law Interest Group educates lawyers in the intellectual property law principles and the business and legal aspects of entertainment, media, and sports law, including the creation, protection, acquisition, and licensing of content, publicity rights, domain name protection, sponsorship and endorsement, union/guild issues, athlete eligibility issues, drug testing, NCAA rules compliance, league issues and antitrust, Title IX, and the creation, licensing, sale, and protection of multimedia content. The Interest Group serves various sectors of the entertainment and sports industries, including music, film, television, new media, legitimate theater, live performance, and literary publishing.
Our Group plans to offer webinars before the end of the year on: (1) monetization of entertainment media on streaming services (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.); and (2) social media issues in entertainment and sports law. Watch Inevitable Disclosures, the bi-monthly email newsletter provided by the State Bar IP Section, for information on these and other upcoming programs and events.
Ifyou are a member of the IP Section, you can join the Entertainment and Sports Law Interest Group at no additional charge by emailing your request to Elizabeth J. Rest at the address below. We welcome volunteers to submit topic ideas, help organize substantive programs, write on entertainment and sports law topics, and assist in organizing social events.
For further information, to submit a program idea, to volunteer, or to join the Entertainment and Sports Law Interest Group, please contact: