Intellectual Property Law
New Matter WINTER 2014, Volume 39, Number 4
- 2015 New Matter Author Submission Guidelines
- Case Comments
- Copyright Interest Group
- Entertainment and Sports Law Interest Group
- Federal Circuit Review
- Intellectual Property Section Executive Committee 2014-2015
- Intellectual Property Section Interest Group Representatives 2014-2015
- International Ip Developments
- Legislation Update
- Letter from the Chair
- Letter from the Editor-in-Chief
- Licensing Interest Group
- MCLE Self-Study Article
- Ninth Circuit Report
- Patent Interest Group
- Technology, Internet, and Privacy Interest Group
- The Licensing Corner
- The Practice Note
- The State Bar of California Intellectual Property Alumni
- Trade Secrets Interest Group
- Trademark Interest Group
- Report of the Delegation of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of California to Washington, D.C.
Report of the Delegation of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of California to Washington, D.C.
Steps of the Supreme Court (L to R): Elizabeth Rest, Mark Leonard, Andy Stroud, Matthew Spark and Anne-Marie Dao.
MAY 5-7, 2014
For the last dozen years or so the Executive Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar ("IP Section") has sent a delegation to Washington, D.C. to visit officials and other persons in the federal government of importance to intellectual property law. The delegation does not lobby or take positions on any issues. The purpose of the delegation is to establish and maintain contacts that will assist the Section in carrying out its educational mission and to gather information and encourage the dissemination of information on an ongoing basis that will enable the Section to carry out its functions and inform its members. Continuing this practice, the Section sent a delegation in May 2014 that met with selected legislators, and officers and staff of the federal government involved in intellectual property in Washington D.C. and Alexandria, Virginia.
The 2014 delegation consisted of the following representatives from the Executive Committee: