California Privacy Lawyer of the Year Award
The Privacy Law Section annually confers the California Privacy Lawyer of the Year Award to recognize a California lawyer who has made outstanding contributions to the development of California privacy law or the California privacy law community. The Award is presented at the Privacy Law Section’s annual Privacy Summit.
The Privacy Law Section first established this Award in 2023 and the inaugural recipient was Lisa B. Kim, Senior Privacy Counsel and Advisor at the California Privacy Protection Agency.
The Privacy Law Section invites nominations for the Award to be submitted to the Privacy Law Section’s Executive Committee. The nomination period will close on December 22, 2023.
Member in Good Standing of the California State Bar (or as Registered In-House Counsel)
Five years of relevant practice experience in privacy law
Has made significant contributions in the area of privacy law, particularly California privacy law
Factors that may be considered include:
- Professional standing and peer recognition
- Contributions to the development of privacy law, regulation, or policy, including thought leadership
- Advocacy efforts in the field of privacy
- Contributions to the field of privacy enhancing technologies
- Innovative use of technology and/or business management skills to foster privacy law compliance
- Scholarly contributions in the area of privacy law
- Commitment to public advocacy and/or the development of the California privacy legal community
- Leadership in efforts to educate lawyers, judges, legislatures, and members of the public regarding privacy rights and California privacy law
- Likelihood of future contributions of significance to the development of California privacy law and the privacy bar
Please submit a copy of the nominee’s current curriculum vitae and a statement of nomination not to exceed 250 words, focusing on the criteria and factors noted above. Please also include the contact details of the individual submitting the nomination and the nominee.
Please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.