The Intellectual Property Law Section, organized in 1976, furthers the knowledge of its members in the law of patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright, licensing, technology, privacy, entertainment, and sports.
The mission of the Intellectual Property Law Section is to foster our members’ success through the advancement of knowledge and expertise in all areas of intellectual property and technology law, policy, and practice, through educational programming, networking, interest groups, and publications.
The Section provides educational opportunities throughout the year, including opportunities for online participatory MCLE credit and self-study MCLE credit.
- Publications: New Matter, a quarterly journal free to members.
- MCLE events and programs: The section offers educational programs and several conferences throughout the year covering current issues in protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, new developments in intellectual property law, and law office management and ethical problems relating to intellectual property practice. See Education.
- Intellectual Property Institute: The Institute is a two-day program held annually in the fall focusing on areas of interest to the Intellectual Property practitioner. Click here to access all 21 panels of the 2019 IP Institute in the CLA’s online course catalog.
- Executive Committee
- Interest Groups
The Intellectual Property Law Section is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
- Entertainment & Sports
- Inevitable Disclosures
- In-House Counsel
- International Law
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
- New matter
- Technology, Internet, & Privacy Law
- Trade Secrets
Intellectual Property Law Section
California Lawyers Association
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95814