2L and 3L Law Students (Recent Grads too!):
Are you interested in becoming an IP Section Reporter? The Intellectual Property Section of the California Lawyers Association is looking for 2Ls, 3Ls and recent graduates to serve as IP Section Reporters for 2021.
What You’ll Get:
- Behind-the-scenes access to, and complimentary registration for, in-person programs presented by the IP Section
- Opportunity to learn about IP law from distinguished practitioners and judges
- Networking opportunities
What You’ll Do:
- Attend the in-person programs for which you have been selected
- Tweet and post in social media during assigned programs and events using the #CAIPSection hashtag
- Take and post photographs throughout the programs
- Author a short recap article after a program with opportunities to present your recap at an IP Section Interest Group monthly meeting following the program
- Assist speakers
- Interview a panel before a program and tweet/post in social media
- Other fun and helpful stuff
We will select a pool of reporters from the IP Section Reporter applicants. If you are selected to be part of the pool, we will reach out to you as needed for programs that would benefit from IP Section Reporters. If you are selected for a particular program, the IP Section will cover your registration fees for that program. You will be responsible for travel and lodging. Some law schools may offer funding to cover these costs.
- You must be currently enrolled in an ABA or CBE accredited California law school, or a recent graduate (within 1-2 years of graduation) who is not currently employed. Experience in IP law is a plus.
- You must be a member of the IP Section. Membership in up to three Sections is FREE for law students and first year practicing attorneys. If you aren’t already a member, submit your Law Student Enrollment Form with your email application.
How to Apply: Send an email with the subject line “2021 IP Section Reporter” and include a statement of interest, a short writing sample, and your Twitter handle (if any) to CLA IP Section Coordinator John Buelter at John.Buelter@calawyers.org and copy Program Coordinator John Pavolotsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.