Trusts and Estates
Ca. Trs. & Estates Quarterly 2020, Volume 26, Issue 3
- Dude, I Inherited a Pot Farm, Man! (Considerations For Marijuana-related Businesses For T&E Lawyers)
- Chairs of Section Subcommittees
- Contested Nonprobate Transfers: When the Estate Plan Trumps
- Editorial Board
- From the Chair
- From the Editors-in-chief
- Inside this Issue:
- Litigation Alert
- Tips of the Trade: Pennies From Heaven: Inventorying, Valuing, and Distributing Coin Collections
- Application of "Spousal Consent Rules" To Community Property Individual Retirement Accounts
- The New Ethics Committee of the California Lawyers Association: An Active First Year!
THE NEW ETHICS COMMITTEE OF THE CALIFORNIA LAWYERS ASSOCIATION: AN ACTIVE FIRST YEAR!
By Neil J Wertlieb*
During the summer of 2019, the Board of Representatives of the California Lawyers Association approved the formation of a new Ethics Committee to help ensure that CLA members stay up to date with their ethical obligations. The initial meeting of the newly-appointed members of the Ethics Committee was held a few months later, in October 2019, at the Annual Meeting in Monterey, California. Since then, the Ethics Committee has been on the move.
The Ethics Committee was charged with the responsibility to create educational content, to comment on proposed rule changes, to write advisory opinions on emerging ethical issues, and to issue ethics alerts and notifications to CLA members. The activities of the Ethics Committee since its initial meeting include: