Trusts and Estates
Ca. Trs. & Estates Quarterly 2020, Volume 26, Issue 3
- Chairs of Section Subcommittees
- Contested Nonprobate Transfers: When the Estate Plan Trumps
- Editorial Board
- From the Chair
- From the Editors-in-chief
- Inside this Issue:
- Litigation Alert
- The New Ethics Committee of the California Lawyers Association: An Active First Year!
- Tips of the Trade: Pennies From Heaven: Inventorying, Valuing, and Distributing Coin Collections
- Application of "Spousal Consent Rules" To Community Property Individual Retirement Accounts
- Dude, I Inherited a Pot Farm, Man! (Considerations For Marijuana-related Businesses For T&E Lawyers)
DUDE, I INHERITED A POT FARM, MAN! (CONSIDERATIONS FOR MARIJUANA-RELATED BUSINESSES FOR T&E LAWYERS)
By Stacie P. Nelson, Esq.,* Robert Barton, Esq.,* and Vivian M. Rivera, Esq.*
Seemingly overnight, marijuana has gone from being fully engrained in society’s counterculture to barreling toward complete mainstream acceptance. With partial or outright legalization now in 33 states,1 the business of marijuana has quickly transitioned from shady outfits to sophisticated enterprises, many of them quite profitable.