Ca. Workers' Comp. Quarterly 2019, Vol. 32, No. 1
- Dwc Disability Evaluation Unit Overview
- "They Can't Do That, Can They?" Employer Policies That Violate Feha
- Wcab Commissioners' Settlement Conference: An Interview with Judge David Hettick
- Why Do Claims Go South? Preventing and Dealing with Stuck Claims
- Why the Dynamex Decision Is Important for Injured Workers Regardless of Whether the "Abc" Test Applies to Workers' Compensation
- Workers' Compensation Section 2018-2019 Executive Committee Roster
- Wow: How Social Media Is Connecting Women of Workers' Compensation
- Note from the Editor: Kids' Chance of California
Note from the Editor: Kids’ Chance of California
Randy Pollak, Esq.
Thousand Oaks, California
You may have seen some of the literature or advertisements about the organization Kids’ Chance of California. I recently learned about it when I was attending the DWC Education Conference in Los Angeles and discovered it is a great nonprofit that is helping the children of seriously injured or deceased workers.
I had the privilege of sitting down for a conversation with the organization’s founder, Maria Henderson, to learn more about what Kids’ Chance is about, its accomplishments, and how people in the workers’ compensation community can help.