Public Law Journal: Winter 2014, Vol. 37, No. 1
- Enter the Public Law Section Student Writing Competition-deadline May 12
- Legislation Update
- Litigation & Case Law Update
- Municipal Condemnation of Mortgage Loans
- Police Liability for Tactical Conduct Preceding the Use of Force-the Implications of Hayes v. County of San Diego
- Public Lawyer of the Year Nominations Sought
- Substandard Designs and Better Technology-New Developments in Design Immunity
- The Public Law Section 2014 Student Writing Competition
- Message from the Chair
Message from the Chair
By David H. Hirsch*
THE 2014 PUBLIC LAW SECTION!
Welcome to the Winter 2014 edition of the Public Law Journal. I’m honored and privileged to serve as the Public Law Section Chair for the upcoming year. We have over 1400 members. I’m sure many of you are not familiar with the Section beyond getting the quarterly editions of the Public Law Journal with its many fine and informative articles, and the Section’s E-news updates. The Public Law Section is one of the sixteen Sections of the State Bar, and is governed by an Executive Committee. The real work, however, is performed by our many subcommittees. The beginning of a new year provides a good opportunity to recap some of the activities of the Public Law Section and things we will be doing in the upcoming year.
In addition to our flagship publication, the Public Law Journal, our Publications Committee is also responsible for preparing the Section’s E-news, in order to keep our membership informed about important news and events. We also have been making an ongoing effort to use Social Media as a way to engage our membership through Facebook and Twitter, under the guidance of our Social Media Committee.