Labor and Employment Law
Ca. Labor & Emp't Rev. January 2015, Volume 29, No. 1
- Labor & Employment Law Section Executive Committee 2014-2015
- Cases Pending Before the California Supreme Court
- Employment Law Notes
- Inside the Law Review
- MCLE Self-Study: a New Year Brings New Laws for California Employers
- Nlra Case Notes
- Public Sector Case Notes
- Recent Developments in Arbitration
- The Interactive Process Dance: What Happens When the Music Stops?
- Wage and Hour Update
- Message From the Chair
Message From the Chair
By Michael E. Whitaker
Michael E. Whitaker is a Judge of the Superior Court in and for the County of Los Angeles. Michael received his B.A., with Distinction, in Political Science from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, and obtained his J.D. from the University of Oregon, where he served as a Managing Editor for the Oregon Law Review. He also served on the City of Culver City Civil Service Commission from 2006-2014.
A NEW YEAR
We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives . . . not looking for flaws, but for potential.