- This event has passed.
#WellbeingWeekInLaw: Teatime with Art of Tea
May 6 @ 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm
For day #4 of #WellbeingWeekInLaw, we turn our attention to our social well-being by taking some time to virtually join colleagues for an interactive tea tasting.
Did you know that all tea comes from the same evergreen plant? Or that the phrase ‘herbal tea’ is an oxymoron?
Steve Schwartz is a Master Tea Blender and the Founder of Art of Tea, a hand-crafted tea purveyor based in Los Angeles. By combining herbs and botanicals to create unique wellness and flavor profiles, Steve and his team have been able to build an explosive brand which has garnered national acclaim and awards. In this workshop, Steve will take you through a brief history of tea, what differentiates the different tea types when all tea comes from the same plant, why steep time and temperature matter when making the perfect cup of tea, and so much more. You will come out of this class one step closer to becoming a tea master!
What You Need to Know to Participate:
- There is no cost to register to attend this non-MCLE activity – purchase of the suggested tea is highly encouraged for full participation.
- Teas should be ordered with sufficient time for preparation and delivery – please allow 7-10 days for delivery within California from the date of purchase.
- Please follow the link to purchase the teas we will be tasting and discussing during this virtual event (Eco Teabag Sachet Sampler Box). https://www.artoftea.com/products/the-eco-pyramid-teabag-sampler
- Participants should use the discount code CALA20 for 20% off their purchase (not including gift cards or the Tea of the Month program). The code should be entered into the “Discount Code” field when checking out. With use of the discount code, the suggested purchase will be about $23 dependent on your shipping details.
Steve Schwartz, Founder + Master Tea Blender, Art of Tea
Steve Schwartz is a Master Tea Blender and the Founder of Art of Tea, a hand-crafted tea purveyor based in Los Angeles. After studying at the Ayurvedic Institute in New Mexico, Steve was captivated by the field of preventative medicine. Since then, he has traveled around the world, cultivated relationships with farmers, and he has become enamored with the homeopathic impact plants can have on the body and mind. His drive and passion for expanding people’s knowledge and history of tea is captivating. By combining herbs and botanicals to create unique wellness and flavor profiles, Steve and his team have been able to build an explosive brand that’s garnered national acclaim and awards.
WWIL is an event of the Institute for Well-Being in Law (IWIL) which aims to raise awareness about mental health and encourage action and innovation across the profession to improve well-being. CLA’s Health and Wellness Committee participated in this effort last year and is continuing the tradition. In 2021, the event’s name was changed from “Lawyer Well-Being Week” to WWIL to be more explicitly inclusive of all the important contributors to the legal profession who are not lawyers.
Join the CLA’s HWC this year for a live virtual event or activity every day of #WellbeingWeekInLaw in alignment with the daily themes set by IWIL:
- Monday, 05/03: Stay Strong
- Tuesday, 05/04: Align
- Wednesday, 05/05: Engage & Grow
- Thursday, 05/06: Connect
- Friday: 05/07: Feel Well
We also invite you to join our Facebook group – a community of individuals from the legal profession and wellness world sharing insight, resources, and support as we all pursue our own paths towards wellness.