OVERVIEW. The Real Property Law Journal (“Journal”) of the Real Property Law Section of the California Lawyers Association is California’s preeminent statewide publication for real estate attorneys. The Journal features scholarly articles written by real property professionals about cutting edge and interesting topics. It is typically published four times each year and has a readership of over six thousand real property professionals.
ISSUE ON HOUSING. The Real Property Law Section will be publishing an issue dedicated to addressing the housing crisis in California (“Housing Publication”). The issue will cover the following broad topics among others:
- Recent legislation and its effects on the housing crisis (this can include, for example, a discussion of the effects of legislation to streamline development on the housing crisis);
- Homelessness (this can include, for example, a discussion of housing affordability or mental health);
- The Pandemic and its effects on the housing crisis (this can include, for example, the moratorium on evictions, or the temporary protection for mortgagors); and
- Climate change and its effects on the crisis (this can include, for example, a discussion of how megafires are impacting the crisis)
ARTICLE IDEAS. If you are interested in submitting an article for the Housing Publication, please submit the following information no later than December 11, 2020:
- Article Title;
- Brief Synopsis: A summary of what the piece will cover; and
- Indication of whether it falls into one of the above four broad categories or can be placed in a different category in the topic of housing.
- DECEMBER 11, 2020. ARTICLE IDEAS SUBMISSION DEADLINE.
- DECEMBER 15, 2020. AUTHORS NOTIFIED THAT THEIR ARTICLE IDEA HAS BEEN APPROVED.
- FEBRUARY 16, 2021. ARTICLES ARE DUE
All article ideas should be submitted as follows:
with a copy to:
The Real Property Law Section (“RPLS”), with approximately 6,000 members, is one of the largest sections of the California Lawyers Association. RPLS coordinates educational programs and materials (including through our monthly E-News and Quarterly Journal) for California’s diverse real estate attorneys and serves as a forum for communicating information to its members on current developments and trends in real property law. RPLS also provides opportunities to network and develop relationships with lawyers and other professionals in the real estate industry. The RPLS enthusiastically embraces and encourages diversity and inclusion in Section membership, section events and our annual conference.