Real Property Law
Call for Panels for the 2020 Spring Conference
April 23-26, 2020
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
The 2020 Real Property Law Section’s 39th Annual Spring Conference (formerly the RPLS Annual Retreat) is California’s preeminent statewide conference for real estate attorneys. During the Spring Conference, real estate attorneys and professionals attend educational programming and networking events. These educational courses feature panel discussions on all aspects of real estate law from “nuts and bolts” to “year in review” and ethics as well as more advanced sessions on specific real estate practice areas (e.g., land use, leasing, purchase and sale, joint ventures, finance, etc.). The Spring Conference also allows for more general discussions on important cutting-edge legal topics.
If you are interested in doing a panel presentation at the 2020 Spring Conference please submit all of the following information by September 1, 2019:
- Program Title (It should be catchy to get people to attend the program)
- Program Description: The program description should be two to three sentences.The program title and description will be included in the Conference brochure.
- Program Panelists: Please provide the names, titles, firm or company information and office location for each panelist for the program. Panels are limited to no more than 3 panelists (including the moderator, if there is one).
- Diversity. Please indicate how your panel meets the Real Property Law Section’s Diversity Objectives described in more detail below.
Each panel should provide 1.25 hours of MCLE and include a diverse group of attorneys and or other professionals. If you would like help in putting your panel together, please feel free to contact one of the Chairs listed below.
- September 1, 2019 – Panel ideas submission deadline. Submit panel ideas to Elizabeth A. Blair, Esq.
- October 1, 2019 – Panel Coordinators notified of panel acceptance.
- December 1, 2019 – Panel materials (PowerPoint, Speaker Release Forms, Speaker Photos and Bios) due.
Elizabeth A. Blair, Esq.
Ashley M. Peterson, Esq.
Law Office of Ashley M. Peterson
(619) 222 -7300
The Real Property Law Section of the California Lawyers Association is committed to diversity. To meet this goal, the RPLS aspires to have all panels include members of diverse groups (race, age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability). The RPLS is committed to providing quality programming that includes diverse perspectives and diverse speakers, including, but not limited to practitioners, legal scholars, members of the judiciary and young lawyers.
The Real Property Law Section [“RPLS”], with approximately 6,000 members, is one of the largest sections of the California Lawyers Association. RPLS coordinates educational programs and materials (including through our monthly E-Bulletin and Quarterly Journal) for California’s diverse real estate attorneys, and serves as a forum for communicating information to its members on current developments and trends in real property law. RPLS also provides opportunities to network and develop relationships with lawyers and other professionals in the real estate industry. The RPLS enthusiastically embraces and encourages diversity and inclusion in Section membership, section events and our annual conference.