Trusts and Estates
Ca. Trs. & Estates Quarterly Volume 15, Issue 3, Fall 2009
- A Legislative Proposal For Elective Administration
- Avoiding the Witness Stand: Practices and Strategies To Protect Estate Plans and Estate Planners
- Got Premium? Costanza V. Commissioner and the Tax Treatment of Scins Cancelled By Death
- Over the River and Through the Woods: Creative Estate Planning Ideas For Grandchildren
- Property Tax Reporting Requirements and the Consequences of Not Complying
- Sparse Pickings In 2009 Legislative Session
SPARSE PICKINGS IN 2009 LEGISLATIVE SESSION
By Bart J. Schenone, Esq.*
2009 is the first of the two-year legislative sessions. In production of legislation of interest to trusts and estates practitioners, the output reflected a year worn by drought, recession, the state budget deficit, legislative gridlock, and maybe even global warming.
The usual caveat applies: you should read the legislation if you have an interest in the subject matter. No summary replaces reading the law.