Law Practice Management and Technology
The Bottom Line September 2019, Vol. 39, No. 1
- 20 True/False Questions - for Mari's article for Bottom Line- conflict and the brain
- 3 Technology Trends You Need to Know
- Branding as the Strategic Backbone of Law Firm Marketing
- Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Tighten Security of Your Email and Browser
- That Was Fun, Now What?
- How Neuro-Science Can Help Us Transform Conflict into Collaboration
How Neuro-Science Can Help Us Transform Conflict into Collaboration
By: Mari J. Frank, Esq. CIPP
" While people in conflict commonly make reference to the facts, behaviors, feelings, personalities or events surrounding of their conflicts, for the most part they ignore the deeper reality that these experiences are all processed and regulated by their nervous systems, and are therefore initiated, resolved, transformed and transcended by their brains."
Kenneth Cloke, Esq. author The Dance of Conflict: Explorations Mediation, Dialogue and Conflict Resolution Systems Design,
Our brain is the CEO of our entire body, and directs how we interact with others, for better or worse. As attorneys, we can use our knowledge of brain function to transform conflict into problem solving and peacemaking to focus our clients on settlement instead of war.