International Law and Immigration
Ca. Int'l Law Journal 2016, vol. 24, no. 2
- A Personal Account of a Week Inside an Immigration Family Detention Center
- Brexit and the New Era in the Law of International Finance
- Editor's Comments
- Global Legal Research
- Practitioner's Spotlight: Professor Connie de la Vega
- Report by the Vietnam Lawyers Association on its Successful Visit with the State Bar of California International Law Section And Others
- The European Union's New Trade Secrets Directive
- Written Comments of Amicus Curiae, Before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, Apple Inc. v. United States of America
- Letter From the Chair of the International Law Section
LETTER FROM THE CHAIR OF THE INTERNATIONAL LAW SECTION
Dear International Law Section Members:
As I pass the baton to the incoming Chair Enrique Hernandez, I want to remind the membership of the November 4, Transnational Law Summit: International Law in the 21st Century, at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel. This all-day conference will cover current and cutting-edge global topics with speakers from the public/government sector and the private/business sector, including government officials, global company in-house counsel, and international lawyers.
The Summit will feature a keynote address by the Honorable John Chiang, California State Treasurer, and a special jazz performance by Grammy-nominated pianist David Benoit. And I am particularly proud that the Summit speakers and attendees will include lawyers from various foreign countries based upon the Friendship Agreements between the International Law Section and the foreign bar associations.
I would like to leave you with the below report that was provided by the Vietnam Lawyers Association, with which the Section has a Friendship Agreement. We were honored to spend time with the representatives of the VLA this past summer, and we appreciate the report they have provided.