Business Law News ISSUE 2, 2022
- B-Law B-Law B-Law: Ethics For Business Lawyers Annual Review 2021
- Business Law News Editorial Team
- Executive Committee of the Business Law Section 2021-2022
- Health Law Committee 2021 Appellate Litigation Update
- Health Law Committee Regulatory Update
- Letter From the Editor
- Selected 2021 Developments In Nonprofit Organizations Law and Nonprofit Organizations (Npo) Committee Highlights
- Table of Contents
- Test Your Knowledge: Recent Developments In Insolvency Law
- Letter From the Chair
LETTER FROM THE CHAIR
Written by Everett L. Green Chair
This year, the Business Law Section ("BLS") celebrates its 45th anniversary. The BLS originated, as noted by my colleague Roland Brandel, from a directive of the State Bar to form a committee focused on California corporations.
Through the efforts of countless volunteers, the BLS grew from a limited mandate to a much broader focus â providing a forum for all California attorneys to meet, interact, and exchange ideas regarding the practice of business and commercial law.
Today, the BLS has grown and expanded to approximately 6,000 members and includes sixteen standing committees with subject matters as diverse as privacy law, health and insurance law, agribusiness, and non-profits.