Welcome to the California Young Lawyers Association. CYLA is committed to providing information and assistance to all members of the Bar. As a member we hope you will find CYLA a valuable resource as you navigate through the first several years of your legal career.
- CEB offers their entire online library free for a year, plus deep discounts on all books and programs, for all attorneys admitted to the State Bar within the last three years. Click Here
- Find all the discounts and benefits you can now receive as a licensed attorney with The State Bar of California at CalBar Connect.
Legal Career Resources
- Bar Association of San Francisco Job Board
- California Courts Job Board
- California District Attorneys Association Job Board
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Job Board
- Sacramento County Bar Association Job Board
- San Bernardino County Bar Association Job Board
- Santa Clara County Bar Association Job Board
- New Job Opportunity: Appellate Court Attorney
The California Court of Appeal, Fifth Appellate District, is located in the heart of central California in the city of Fresno. This area is rich in culture and diversity with easy access to the coast as well as the Sierra Nevada mountain range and three national parks. The Court’s current opening for an Appellate Court Attorney is ideal for the attorney with exceptional research, analytical, and writing skills, who is seeking meaningful legal work at the appellate level in a locale with a reasonable cost of living, easy commute, and satisfying lifestyle.
The attorney’s duties may include drafting research memoranda and proposed opinions involving criminal and civil appeals, original proceedings, and routine dispositions. Duties may also include preparing memoranda regarding writs, motions, and other matters. In support of these activities, the attorney will review appellate briefs, records, other filings, and research and analyze applicable law. The level of appointment and starting salary will be commensurate with experience. Applicants are encouraged to apply by November 18, 2019 for earliest consideration.
For additional information about the California Young Lawyers Association, please contact CYLA@calawyers.org.