November 3-5, 2021
San Diego, CA
In addition to following all federal, state, local, and hotel mandates and policies, the CLA Taxation Section has instituted COVID protocols to ensure the safety of attendees. These policies are subject to change as circumstances require.
- Hotel staff are masked at all times.
- High touch point areas throughout the hotel are frequently sanitized.
- Hotel provides masks to all guests at registration.
- Attendees can display their comfort level with third party close contact using a visible red/yellow/green system provided at check-in.
- Masks will be available to attendees at conference registration.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in each conference room and throughout the hotel property.
- For the breakout sessions, the conference rooms have a maximum capacity of 120 people. Attendees will be able to spread out to their comfort level due to anticipated per session attendance.
- Wednesday speaker presentations (non-breakout) will be held in a room with a 350-person capacity allowing for social distancing based on personal preference, again due to anticipated per session attendance.
- The CLA is working with the hotel to move more popular sessions to an outdoor/tented venue.
- Speakers will be spaced out to allow for social distancing while speaking.
- Conference rooms are thoroughly sanitized each day with high touch point areas sanitized more frequently. Microphones will be sanitized before each presentation.
- Luncheons are currently scheduled to take place in an open-air location on the hotel property.
- Opening night reception and conference dinner are currently scheduled to take place outdoors.
- The Thursday night networking event will be in a covered, open-air location with sufficient square footage to allow for ample spacing between attendees. Further, for those who do not wish to participate, an alternate uncovered, open-air networking location will be available.