Ca. Tax Lawyer JANUARY 2020, VOLUME 28, NUMBER 3
- Message from the Immediate Past Chair
- Removing Intangible Assets from a Property Tax Assessment: the "Rushmore Method" Really Has Been Rejected in California
- Suggestions for Improved Transparency and Accountability of California Taxes Via Improved Tax and Budget Literacy
- Tax Lawyers Be Aware of New Ethical Rules Governing Law Practice in California
- Taxation Section 2019-2020 Leadership Directory
- Visiting the Committees
- When Will Modifications of a By-Pass Trust Be Respected for Basis Step-Up?
- Tax Business Taxation Section Overview
TAX BUSINESS Taxation Section Overview
Membership is open to everyone including lawyers, accountants, enrolled agents, trust officers, etc. The Section maintains two levels of membership: Regular membership for those who are admitted to the State Bar of California, and Associate membership for all others, such as lawyers admitted in other states. Joining the Section may be done through the Section’s website, or by contacting Nicole Craft, Taxation Section Coordinator at the California Lawyers Association, at (916) 516-1717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Executive Committee comprised of three officers and fifteen members leads the Taxation Section. The chairs of the Standing Committees support the Executive Committee; in addition, a select number of government representatives and leading tax practitioners serve as advisors. Please see the Taxation Section Leadership Directory, infra, for a listing of the individuals involved. The Executive Committee typically meets four times a year to attend to Taxation Section business. Applications for appointment in September are typically due the preceding January. For more information, please contact Chris Campbell, Chair of the Section, at (213) 553-3072 or email@example.com.