Ca. Tax Lawyer 2017, VOLUME 26, NUMBER 1
- 2016 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar & California Tax Policy Conference Report
- Bar Business
- Charles Moll Honored With the 2016 Benjamin F. Miller Award
- Constructive Receipt Tax Rules Every Lawyer Should Know
- Gap Between Tax and Sanctions Law Blocks Lifesaving Aid
- Legislative Proposal for Infusing Guaranteed Fairness in Tax Administration by Allowing Partial Prepayment Judicial Review of Ftb-proposed Personal Income and Franchise Tax Deficiencies
- Message from the Chair
- Nathan Hochman Honored With the 2016 V. Judson Klein Award
- Proposal to Permit Liability Netting for Partnerships Subject to Involuntary Conversion
- Separation of the Sections from the State Bar
- Taxation Section 2016-2017 Leadership Directory
- The 2016 Benjamin F. Miller Award Acceptance Speech
- The 2016 Joanne M. Garvey Award Acceptance Speech
- Visiting the Committees
- Honorable Marshall Whitley (Ret.) Honored With the 2016 Joanne M. Garvey Award
Honorable Marshall Whitley (Ret.) Honored With the 2016 Joanne M. Garvey Award
The Taxation Section of the California State Bar presented the 2016 Joanne M. Garvey Award to Hon. Marshall Whitley (Ret.), Professor & Director, Golden Gate University, LL.M. Tax & Estate Planning Programs, San Francisco at the Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference held on October 26 – 28, 2016 at the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa in San Diego.
In 1994, the Taxation Section established the annual Joanne M. Garvey Award to recognize senior members of the California Tax Bar for a lifetime of achievement and outstanding contributions in the field of tax law.
With respect to this award, the official statement of the Taxation Section reads:
Joanne M. Garvey is the founder of the Taxation Section of the State Bar of California. She is an exceptional California tax attorney who is loved and deeply respected by her colleagues. Throughout her long and distinguished career, she has served the Bar in many capacities on the federal, state and local levels with unsurpassed dedication and enthusiasm.