Business Law News 2021, Issue 1
- Annual Update of Alternative Dispute Resolution Cases and Legislation
- B-Law B-Law B-Law: Ethics for Business Lawyers Flat Fee Engagements
- Business Law News Editorial Team
- BUSINESS LAW NEWS Table of Contents
- Executive Committee: Message From the Chair
- Executive Committee of the Business Law Section 2020-2021
- Health Law Committee Legislative Health Care Update and Overview of CMS Rules and Waivers for Covid-19 - Part 2
- Marino II: Ninth Circuit Lacked Jurisdiction to Review BAP's Decision on Contempt Sanctions For Discharge Injunction Violation and Affirmed Bap's Denial of Appellate Fees
- Message From the Editor
- Standing Committee Officers of the Business Law Section 2020-2021
- Tricks and Traps For Lawyers With IRS Form 1099
- Recent Developments Affecting Insolvency and Commercial Finance in California and the Ninth Circuit - Part 2
Recent Developments Affecting Insolvency and Commercial Finance in California and the Ninth Circuit – Part 2
Uzzi O. Raanan, Hon. Meredith Jury, Everett L. Green, Monique D. Jewett-Brewster, Dean T. Wrby, Jr., Adam A. Lewis, and Corey R. Weber
Uzzi Raanan is an insolvency law attorney at Danning, Gill, Israel & Krasnoff, LLP. He represents creditors and debtors, creditor committees, court-appointed receivers, and bankruptcy trustees, with regard to out-of-court insolvencies, business bankruptcy pre-planning, filing, and litigation, and commercial law disputes. He is the BLS representative to and Secretary of the CLA Board of Representatives, former Chair of the BLS, and past co-Chair of the Insolvency Law Committee.
Hon. Meredith Jury (Ret.) served as a Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California from 1997-2018. She was simultaneously a member of the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Ninth Circuit from 2007-2017, serving as chief from 2015-17. Prior to taking the bench her practice was primarily complex civil litigation, for her entire career at Best Best & Krieger in Riverside, Since retirement she does pro bono bankruptcy mediations and consumer appellate work, represents victims of elder abuse for Inland Counties Legal Services, and leads the ad hoc group of BLS authors who write the Westlaw Commercial Finance Newsletter.
Everett L. Green currently serves as a senior trial attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the U.S. Trustee and specializes in bankruptcy matters. He clerked for the Honorable Jack B. Schmetterer in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of Illinois. He currently serves as a Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Business Law Section of the California Lawyers’ Association and is a member on the Small Business Reorganization Task Force of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.