Business Law News 2020, Issue 4
- 2018-2019 Commercial Law Developments Parts VI. U.C.C. - Sales and Personal Property Leasing, VII. Notes and Electronic Funds Transfers, and VIII. Letters of Credit, Investment Securities, and Documents of Title
- Avoid Irs Penalties—Reasonable Cause Is Surprisingly Reasonable
- Book Review: Comparative Commercial Contracts: Law, Culture, and Economic Development Second Edition
- Business Law News Editorial Team
- Business Law News Table of Contents
- Executive Committee: Message from the Chair
- Executive Committee of the Business Law Section 2020-2021
- Message from the Editor
- New California Connected Devices Law Dictates Security Features for Manufacturers
- Paul 'Chip' L. Lion III Receives Business Law Section's 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award
- Standing Committee Officers of the Business Law Section 2020-2021
- B-Law B-Law B-Law: Ethics for Business Lawyers
B-Law B-Law B-Law: Ethics for Business Lawyers
Neil J Wertlieb
Neil J Wertlieb is a Founding Member and Co-Chair of the California Lawyers Association Ethics Committee. Mr. Wertlieb is an experienced transactional lawyer, educator and ethicist, who provides expert witness services in disputes involving business transactions and corporate governance, and in cases involving attorney malpractice and attorney ethics. For additional information, please visit www.WertliebLaw.com. The views expressed herein are his own.
Welcome to the inaugural edition of B-Law B-Law B-Law: Ethics for Business Lawyers, a new feature of the Business Law News, focusing on ethical issues of particular interest to business lawyers in the State of California.
This column is supported by the members of the Ethics Committee of the California Lawyers Association (CLA). By way of introduction, this first edition will briefly describe the work of the Ethics Committee and highlight the resources currently available for CLA members. Should you have suggestions for future topics of interest to business lawyers, please feel free to submit them to the Ethics Committee (keeping in mind that no legal advice can be provided, and that any responsive article will be delayed by at least three months).