- This event has passed.
What’s Up With Us
June 21 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Free event! No MCLE
WHAT IS IT? Real Property Law Section monthly discussion of new real property cases, a guest interview, and announcement of upcoming RPLS events.
WHEN IS IT? Wednesday June 21, 2023, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
HOW MUCH IS IT? IT’S FREE!!
What’s Up With Us! hosts Neil Kalin and Jose Mendoza will discuss recent cases of interest affecting the topics below:
- (1) Owner not liable for fall of guest on outside walkway not owned or controlled by owner;
- (2) City can violate the California Coastal Act;
- (3) Wife cannot discharge judgment debt attributable husband fraudulent activity;
- (4) County assessor can increase valuation at appeals board hearing; and
- (5) Force majeure does not apply if tenant has ability to meet its contract obligations despite COVID-19 shut down orders.