- This event has passed.
Webinar: All You Need to Know About Cryptocurrency Before October 15th
October 6, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
This program offers 1 participatory MCLE credit; 1 Legal Specialization in Taxation Law.
This course is designed for individuals who would like to obtain a basic understanding of cryptocurrency and new reporting requirements.
The course will cover few relevant questions about virtual currencies and explain how they work:
- What is Virtual Currency?
- Do taxpayers need to report their cryptocurrency?
- What information does the US Government get?
- How does the IRS virtual currency enforcement work?
- Several International Questions answered
- Weird questions your 14-year-old nephew talks about
- Salvador adopting bitcoin as official currency
Importantly, IRS rules for tracking and reporting cryptocurrency transactions for tax purposes will be reviewed and important questions will be answered before October 15th deadline.
Speaker: James Creech
Moderators: Paloma Armella Alvarez and John Miles