- This event has passed.
2023 State and Local Tax Annual Meeting
July 27 @ 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Free hybrid event!
Earn 1.0 Hour Self Study Credit and Legal specialization in Taxation Law on your Microsoft form. Attorneys must track their own hours for self-study activities. We do not provide Certificates.
Location: FTB Central Campus, Goldburg Auditorium
9646 Butterfield Way, Sacramento, CA 95827
At the Annual State and Local Tax Committee Meeting, representatives from the state taxing agencies will present on current developments and other updates from their various agencies. The California Franchise Tax Board, Department of Tax and Fee Administration, Board of Equalization, and Office of Tax Appeals will have representatives present to discuss developments at their various entities, litigation updates, regulation updates, and the status of written guidance (such as legal rulings, notices, TAMs, etc.). This event will be hosted by the State and Local Tax Committee.
- Introduction – Sarah Fassett
- Franchise Tax Board
- Developments at FTB – Jozel Brunett
- Litigation Updates – Ray RouseRegulation Updates – Hanno ChoWritten Guidance Updates – Erin Dendorfer
- Legislative Updates – Denis Armstrong
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
- Litigation Update from the CDTFA – Chris Schutz
- Legislation, Regulation and Annotation Update – Scott Claremon
- California Board of Equalization
- Update from the BOE – Henry Nanjo
- Office of Tax Appeals
- Update from the OTA – Kristen Kane
- Regulation Updates – Myriam Bouaziz