The California Lawyers Association is pleased to offer tuition scholarships for the Solo & Small Firm Summit on June 16-17, 2022. These scholarships are designed to attract participants who have never attended or would traditionally be unable to attend the Solo & Small Firm Summit. CLA encourages law students, newly-licensed attorneys, first time attendees, or practitioners whose financial or professional circumstances would otherwise preclude attendance, to take advantage of this exciting opportunity. Each scholarship covers the participant registration fee for the corresponding event. The deadline to apply is May 27, 2022.
The Solo and Small Firm Summit provides programs targeted toward legal professionals who work in a solo or small practice firms as well as persons interested in entering or starting that type of practice. The events include joint programs with California Judges Association as well as business management and technology, substantive law updates, and difficult to obtain MCLE programming. The event agenda will also feature virtual networking events and other useful content for law students and attorneys.
Students, new practitioners, and other legal professionals whose financial or professional circumstances may preclude attendance at the Solo & Small Firm Summit are invited to apply for a tuition scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will review all applications received by the deadline. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following considerations:
- Financial Need.
- Substantive Interest in Solo & Small Firm Practice (for Students and newly licensed attorneys)
- Scope of Legal Career and Practice (for Practitioners and other Legal Professionals)
- CLA Membership & Support (for Practitioners and other Legal Professionals)
- Potential contribution to the diversity of attendees at the Solo & Small Firm Summit.
To apply for a 2022 Scholarship, please complete and send the following documents: (1) the Scholarship Application form (below); (2) the Scholarship Questionnaire; and (3) a recent copy of your resume. Please send your materials either via this form or mail. All application materials must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on May 27, 2022 to be considered. E-mail: Brianna.Hollingsworth@CAlawyers.org. Successful applications will be notified by e-mail after June 3, 2022
Information about the Solo and Small Firm Summit is available here.
- The scholarship only covers the participant registration fee for the Solo & Small Firm Summit. Registration fees include admission to all education courses, certificate of virtual attendance for MCLE credit and electronic course materials.
- Scholarships are non-transferable and cannot be used or redeemed by non-recipients.
- Those receiving scholarships will receive written confirmation via e-mail after June 3, 2022.
- Scholarship recipients who do not wish to attend or are no longer able to attend will forfeit their award. Recipients who are no longer able to attend must notify the Scholarship Committee as soon as possible, by e-mailing: Brianna.Hollingsworth@calawyers.org
- All applications must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) by May 27, 2022 will be considered.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please complete and return this Scholarship Application form with your Questionnaire responses and a copy of your resume. All documents must be received by May 27, 2022. For additional information, please e-mail Brianna.Hollingsworth@calawyers.org Please note: we do not automatically confirm receipt of e-mail transmissions.