The Public Law Section promotes the practice of public law by attorneys employed by public agencies and attorneys in private practice who represent public agencies or those who have dealings with public agencies.
The mission of the Public Law Section is to:
- Ensure that laws affecting the public sector are enacted and implemented in a manner which is clear, effective, and serves the public interest.
- Advance public service by recognizing the important contributions of public law practitioners.
- Provide resources for public law practitioners through publications, continuing education and other projects.
- Identify and analyze the unique ethical issues affecting public lawyers.
— Adopted November, 1998
Members of the Public Law Section receive the following benefits:
- Quarterly issues of the The Public Law Journal. Obtain free MCLE credit from an article in each issue.
- 10% discount on CEB programs which are co-sponsored by the Section.
We encourage you to join the Public Law Section.