FROM THE CHAIR
By Jeremy B. Crickard, Esq.*
One of the core functions of the Executive Committee of the Trusts and Estates Section ("TEXCOM") is to provide opportunities for continuing education to our Section members. The Education Committee, which is chaired this year by Jana Ellerman and James Lauth, is tasked with planning continuing education programs for our Section members.
For many years, TEXCOM has arranged for quality speakers to present topics of interest to our Section members at the Annual Meeting at the State Bar of California. This year, the 88th Annual Meeting was held in Anaheim on October 8-11. The slate of educational programs and presentations arranged by the Education Committee for this year consisted of the following:
- Medi-Cal Long Term Care: Estate Planning Strategies Under New and Proposed Regulations
- Estate Planning to Avoid Litigation: Strategies to Turn What May Seem Inevitable to Avoidable
- The "Guide to the Rules of Professional Conduct for Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Counsel"
- Understanding the Remedies Available for Financial Elder Abuse
- Recent Developments in Trust and Estates Law
- Using Judicial Council Forms Correctly in a Probate Proceeding