Family Law News VOLUME 44, ISSUE 1, SPRING 2022
- Back To the Future! the Discounted Cash Flow Model In Valuation
- DOES THE JUDGMENT MAKE CLEAR "IN WHOSE JUDGEMENT"? EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS HOLDERS AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Elkins Trumps Speed: the Right To Discovery Under the Domestic Violence Protection Act
- Legislative Liaisons and Designated Recipients of Legislation
- Letter From the Chair
- SECTION OFFICERS & EDITORIAL BOARD
- Should Educational Expenses Be Considered In the Court's Determination of Temporary Spousal Support?
- Table of Contents
- The Trial Within a Trial: Malpractice Litigation
- Letter From the Editor
LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
Written by Craig S. Pedersen Editor-in-Chief
As each of us has endeavored to return to a way of life that rings more comfortable and familiar, it seems we are inevitably confronted with the reality that in these times even "the old" is inextricably linked to "the new". For whatever else the last two years have been, they are defined by evolution, and it has been an evolution that on the pendulum has swung closer toward spontaneous than gradual.
That reality is no different in the practice of family law and is even embodied in Family Law News. As readers of this issue will quickly notice, our format has undergone a retouch which we hope among other things helps solidify our identity within the body of the California Lawyers Association’s scholarly publications. And naturally, above all else we hope the updated format will enhance your reading enjoyment going forward. The transition in format did unfortunately result in production delays with this issue; in that regard, I have appreciated the great patience of our authors, sponsors, and all of you as we have labored to bring this issue to fruition.