Family Law News Issue 4, 2014, Volume 36, No. 4
- Background in family therapy grounds 2014 Aranda award winner
- Dire Warnings!!! From the Superfluous to the Sublime
- Disclosure Requirements for Offshore Assets in Divorce
- Family Law Attorney Receives Top State Bar Legal Services Award
- Family Law News
- Family Law Section Executive Committee
- In this Issue:
- International Prenuptial Agreements: Necessary But Dangerous
- Judge Gary Gibson of Shasta County receives the 2014 Family Law Judicial Officer of the Year Award
- Message from the Chair:
- Message from the Editor:
- New Online Parenting After Separation Course
- Standing Chairs and Designated Recipients of Legislation
- Trapped Abroad - the Uccjea in International Cases and the Need for an Expansive Application of the Escape Clause
- Dr. Margaret Little Receives State Bar of California's 2014 Court Staff Award
Dr. Margaret Little Receives State Bar of California’s 2014 Court Staff Award
On August 29, 2014, Raymond R. Goldstein, Chair of the Family Law Section, presented Dr. Margaret Little with the well-deserved 2014 California State Bar’s Court Staff Award.
The Court Staff Award is to honor and recognize sustained superior performance or extraordinary efforts in the recipient’s performance of his/her work with the Family Law courts. Such recipients are nominated by Family Law judicial officers; Dr. Little exemplifies these qualities.
Dr. Little is a family law court manager for Los Angeles County who excels at dealing with process. She has contributed greatly to the improvement of statewide procedures, especially those that do not require court appearances. While most statewide committee work focuses on hearings and trials, Dr. Little has specifically tackled issues surrounding process for stipulations, judgments, and defaults greatly streamlining the process.