The California Lawyers Association Intellectual Property Section is seeking education program proposals for the 46th Annual IP Institute, on November 3-5, 2022. This hybrid event will be in-person at the Laguna Cliffs Hotel in Dana Point, California and will bring together attorneys both within California as well as others who may view the conference virtually.
The IP Section is seeking exciting and innovative programs to attract our statewide membership. Our conference has two main tracks: Patent focused panels and Non-Patent panels that may include Copyright, Trademark, Internet Law, Privacy and more.
Individual attorneys, CLA Sections/Committees and any legal organizations are encouraged to submit proposals for panels. The final number of programs to be offered will be 14, including 2 specialty credit panels. For examples of panels we have held in the past, please visit the 2021 IP Institute.
The Planning Committee will select from the proposals provided and may also combine or otherwise modify proposals to meet the IP Institute’s goals and adjust to time and programming constraints.
When reviewing proposals, the Planning Committee will consider the extent to which the proposal:
- Is timely/valuable to attorneys in today’s practice of IP law.
- Would draw a high level of interest from IP attorneys.
- Includes new and diverse speakers that have not previously presented CLA IP section programs.
- Attempts to address equity issues that arise among attorneys in a meaningful or new way.
- Provides more difficult to find MCLE credits.
- Avoids multiple speakers from the same law office or gives the appearance of law office preference.
CLA’s mission statement specifies the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in all facets of our work: Promoting excellence, diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and fairness in the administration of justice and the rule of law.
To further the mission, all programming at CLA wide events must comply with the Model Diversity in Educational Programming Policy.
The deadline to submit a program proposal is Friday, April 1, 2022. Click here to submit.