As part of the Family Law Section’s Access to Justice program, the Family Law Executive Committee (FLEXCOM) is pleased to announce that eight instructional videos have now been uploaded to the California Lawyers Association YouTube page. The videos were written and created by current officers, members, advisors and liaisons serving on FLEXCOM.
The videos form the beginning of an instructional library available to assist self-represented parties in addressing issues commonly faced in family law matters. The initial library consists of videos on the following topics:
- Domestic Abuse and Restraining Orders
- Divorce and Legal Separations: An Overview
- Handling the Emotional Aspects of your Divorce or Legal Separation
- How to Complete Your Petition for Dissolution
- Starting Your Divorce: Beyond the Petition
- Requests for Orders: How to Ask the Court for Help
- Preliminary Declarations of Disclosure: What Is It and How to Prepare One
- Your Day in Court
You can access the videos here or view them below.
The videos are ADA compliant. CLA is also in the process of having the videos translated to Spanish.