8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
California Lawyers Association’s Family Law Section presents an exciting in-person one-day seminar on the various aspects of conducting a family law trial. Each live program is presented by:
- Honorable Mark Juhas (L.A. Superior Court)
- Honorable Monica Wiley (S.F. Superior Court)
- Andrea Palash, CFLS, AAML
- Avi Levi, CFLS, AAML, IAFL
Event attendees will benefit from this unique opportunity to learn practical pointers via a dialogue between the Bench and Bar and demonstrations on the most important aspects of trial advocacy. This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain knowledge and insight of:
- Judicial officers’ perspectives on do’s and don’ts during trial
- Seasoned practitioners’ tips on best practices during trial
- How best to develop a theme and theory of your case
- Why you should present an opening statement
- How to advance your case theory in direct examinations
- How to ask engaging questions in direct examinations
- What to do with an adverse witness in cross-examinations
- How to effectively disprove or counter damaging evidence with rebuttal witnesses
- How to impeach an expert witness
- Persuasive methods in presenting your expert witness
- When to use, admit and exclude evidence
- How to overcome potential objections
- Most persuasive use of your closing argument
- Best practices in seeking relief from the court
- Effective use of technology and visual aids in closing arguments.
Learn more about the esteemed faculty of recognized judges and trial lawyers on this web page.