- This event has passed.
Webinar: How Not to Die; How to Diet
January 13, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 Hour MCLE; 1 Competency. Special low price!
How Not to Die; How to Diet Conquering Chronic Disease & Preexisting Conditions in a Pandemic and Post Pandemic World
- Chronic disease is the number one cause of death and disability in the US.
- Heart disease, strokes, cancer, diabetes, dementia, and the accompanying physical impairment can prevent attorneys from competently representing clients & diligently performing services.
- Rule 1.1 approved by the CA Supreme Court 2018
- (a) A lawyer shall not intentionally, recklessly, with gross negligence, or repeatedly fail to perform legal services with competence
- (b) “. . . competence” in any legal service shall mean to apply the (i) learning and skill, and (ii) mental, emotional, and physical ability reasonably necessary for the performance of such service.
- Leading causes of death & disability in the US; US life expectancy, disability, quality of life and health care cost compared to other nations
- Conquering chronic disease; lessons learned
- The FBI fitness program;
- Jim Fixx; Nathan Pritikin
- Denis Burkitt, MD, UK;
- Scripps Clinic, La Jolla
- Epidemiology/Population studies:
- The China Study, the Grand Prix of Epidemiology;
- National Geographic’s Blue Zones
- Double-blind control studies: Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr., MD, Cleveland Clinic; & Dean Ornish, MD, University of CA, SF
Speaker: Gary Laturno
Speaker: Gary Laturno
- Served in the Third Armored Cavalry Regiment, Germany; studied at the University of Minnesota
- 25- year FBI career; studied law at Loyola University, New Orleans, while assigned to the New Orleans FBI Office
- Former attorney and Chief of Litigation, FBI HQ, Washington, D.C.;
- Former FBI Press Spokesman and Principal Legal Advisor, FBI, San Diego FBI
- Arbitrator & Mediator, American Arbitration Association
- Past Chairs, Real Property Law Sections, San Diego County Bar & California Lawyers Association
- Frequent speaker at CA and national MCLE programs and webinars
- Currently serves as an Advisor to Real Property Law Section, CLA,
- Member Health & Wellness Committee, CLA; served as a Fitness Advisor, FBI
Married, two daughters, one son, and two grandchildren