- This event has passed.
Webinar: Commercial Leasing in the COVID-19 Era
June 4, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 Hour MCLE. This webinar is offered at the special low price of $20! You must register in advance to participate.
The aggressive policies being used to control COVID-19 demand that commercial landlords and tenants re-evaluate their lease provisions in light of the pandemic. This seminar takes a look at lease provisions that may be triggered by the pandemic, as well as novel defenses that may be applicable at this time. We will also explore strategies for seeking and providing lease relief.
- Evaluate common lease provisions that may be triggered by COVID-19
- Consider common law contract defenses and novel claims
- Sources of assistance – Business Interruption Insurance, Government Relief programs, grants for small businesses
- Recent protections for commercial tenants
- Negotiating short and longer term amendments to leases
Speakers: Maria V. Bernstein, Laura Drossman, and Elva Harding.